Re: The 5 CD thread...

Hmmm. Tough call.

1) "Circle Slide" by The Choir

2) "Louder Than Bombs" by The Smiths

3) "I Often Dream of Trains" by Robyn Hitchcock

4) "Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant" by Belle & Sebastian

5) "Burn To Shine" by Ben Harper

That's how I feel about it today, anyway. "Louder Than Bombs" barely edges
out "The Queen Is Dead", and only because it contains a lot more tracks.
Depeche Mode, The Cure, and Over the Rhine should really be on that list,
but those are all bands which evoke very strong melancholy (for me), and I
don't know that I could handle it for a solid year and a half.

-

s&th
hooligan at apostate_com

"If you want to write fiction, the best thing
you can do is take two aspirins, lie down in
a dark room, and wait for the feeling to pass.
If it persists, you probably ought to write
a novel."
                         - Lawrence Block