Re: Drinkin Bloody-Mary's(OtR content...hehe)

Matt's Message:

Trina Shoemaker, the person who inspired this song by being Christ-like,
mixed Bloody Mary's for the band when they went to Daniel Lanois New Orleans
based Knigsway studio to record "Eve".

Now, in the first "Northern Spy", a title which, I've just realized by
thumbing through these trading cards, is a brand of apple, Linford makes a
fuss about some churches substituting grape juice for wine, a rather
unromatic, bland, and unmysteriously pale representation of the blood of
Christ.  Apparently, K&L like alcoholic beverages.  As a soberman, I've had
to learn to love them despite our differences.  Its been a struggle.
Alcohol is, after all, the devil's own elixir.  ;-)

Tangentially, has anyone ever heard Trina sing?  (Emmylou harris also
contributes her vocal talets to the parent "Breathe" album.)  This is one of
two things MO and OtR loosely have in common.

And Kylie, because I like you, I'll toss you another bone.  Good dog.  From
card #13 "Just This One Time":  "Without Without is a song that speaks to
the joy and pain of allowing an unwanted part of yourself to be put to
death.  Should is a pop song wrapped around a friend who fell radically in
loe with someone HIV positive."

everyone's a fetus,

Matt, whose vellvus is actually lanugo

n.p. OtR eve

To which I'm replying:

Well, thank you Matt. (nevermind Karin) ;) I knew some about the whole Trina
thing, but not that much...as I don't have the trading cards. (sadly)

I guess I will have to learn to live with the alcohol too. Bad dog. :) It
makes for some good music.

I once held an Emmylou Harris signature guitar from Gibson...quite an honor.
And ps...I wasn't aware that you enjoyed Midnight Oil. ;)

And I just downloaded 'Within Without' tonite...I had never heard it.
Strange that you tossed me that bone. Thanks tho.

I just don't have much left to say.

...wishing I owned Eve,

kylie