Re: Dutch beer

--- ryan richards <randomricky at hotmail_com>
wrote:

> Hi, I'm the dumkuf(sp) who originally
> misspelled Heineken, and I've even
> been to Amsterdam for Dutchmans sake (but
> missed the brewery tour in my
> defense)!  All I know for certain is that it
> goes great with OTR.

Fifteen or 16 years ago, the brewery tour was of
the actual working brewery, or so I'm told (I
never made it, to my chagrin). At the end, there
was unlimited samples of Heineken.

When I returned for a visit 10 years ago, the
actual brewery had moved to outside of Amsterdam.
But there was still a tour at the original site
-- it was interesting and fun, but definitely a
PR/marketing effort much like any corporate
visitor's center (Hershey's Chocolate World in
Hershey, Pa., comes to mind). They offered
samples at the end -- with a limit of three
glasses. I enjoyed myself, but I'm sure the
purists of days gone by would cry foul.

Jeff McCloud
teamccloud at yahoo_com