More things to do in C-U

There's also a very cool cafe called 'The Courier Cafe' at 111 N. Race that's a very Over The Rhine-ish sort of place to stop.  If you do, you'll have to get an old-fasioned phosphate soda...it's some good stuff :).

--pete

>>Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:26:56 -0600 (MDT)
From: Sobriqet at webtv_net (So Briquet)
Subject: Things To Do In Champaign-Urbana

The strangest dining experience I've ever had is at Timpone's in the
Thunderbird Plaza, on Goodwin Avenue in Urbana. It's a rather fancy
looking restaurant with high quality seafood specials, but, they offer
the best thin crust pizza I have ever had, at a price that seems quite
out of place on the ritzy menu. A very inexpesive way to impress guests.

The same people also owned the Jolly Roger in downtown Urbana.

Late at night, or in a hurry, there were several Garcia's Pizza
locations, many wth drive though service, where you had the option of
getting just a slice of their very thick pizza.

Campustown's Papa Del's does a good conventional deep dish.

Campaign's Katsina's is a rather swanky Greek place.

North of I-74 on Prospect, there are 24 hour Meijer, Wal-Mart, and Super
Kmart stores to stock up on groceries, and ready to assemble furniture
after the bars close, which, in Champaign County, is a painful 1 A.M.<<