Re: USA soccer win

Barry writes:

>>Good win for the US, but will they qualify for the next round?

It looks like we stole the game that we really needed.  We have South Korea,
and Poland.  Poland was routed already.  It looks like if we can just beat
Poland on the 14th we have a wonderful chance of making it to the second
round.

The match against Portugal was wonderful to watch.  Quite probably the biggest win in US soccer history and I'm glad I got out of bed at 2am to watch it.  Although anything can happen still, at this point, the US is in the driver's seat for not only advancing to the second round, but winning their group.  The game against Korea will be tough, but after that we only have Poland left to face, whereas the Koreans have to play Portugal.  The important thing for us is that we not lose to Korea.  A draw there and a win against Poland should give us the group.  If I'm not mistaken, we'd then get to play Mexico to start the second round, and that would be a seriously fun match to watch.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Patricia O'Callaghan - Real Emotional Girl

...there are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the "race" of the decent man and the "race" of the indecent man.  -- Viktor Frankl