Re: Things that are...

--- GloriousDregs at aol_com wrote:

> You must live in one of those not cool places...

Nothing wrong w/ our level of cool-ness.  We're just not a
magnet for little known signed bands or indie.

> at the Border Books and Music
> near me (in Cleveland) you can get "Till We Have Faces"
> "Besides" "Good Dog
> Bad Dog" "Amateur Shortwave Radio" and, of course, "Films For
> Radio"...not
> everything...but not bad, either...

And that makes sense considering its OtR homeland.  I wouldn't
be surprised if surrounding midwest states were the same way.  I
don't get to roam around big ol' America much to know.

> I have always been thoroughly impressed
> with their selection here...even some goody indie stuff on
> occasion...

And I was/am impressed, actually.  Voices on the Verge?  Jonatha
Brooke? Garrison Star?  Here?  In *our* Borders?  That's why I
was frustrated.  We get the above artists who I can guarantee
don't get any radio play here, and one of them even shares OtR's
label.  But no OtR hidden in the racks.  Not even a FFR at
least.  Not life-altering, just frustrating.

I got excited when I saw the Jonatha and Garrison CD's since I
have been curious and getting to stand there and listen to a
whole song/CD and fondle the CD case itself is just, great.  But
no dice, broken.  It's on the way home, checking back is easy.

Back to work I go.