Re: i am back (or will be after thursday)

chris queen asked:

> So, what pieces did your choir perform?

for the final concert, each group was permitted 15 minutes to sing.  we did
six songs, plus one with the jewish cantor.

the six songs we did were:
behold, this is the way -- written by some mormon guy...i'm really bad with
names here
peace like a river -- arr. by ronald staheli
were you there -- arr by nancy wortsht
how can i keep from singing -- arr by ronald staheli
my soul's been anchored in the lord -- arr. by nancy barnett
precious lord -- andrew sevier

we all felt a little weird singing behold (the lyrics are -- behold, this is
the way, and there is none other way to  the kingdom of god), as it's one
thing to sing at a festival and praise god and jesus, but another thing
completely to tell everyone else how WRONG they are...that part sucked.  the
concert was amazing, though...the group from turkey was sitting in the
balconies above us, and as i looked up i saw them cheering and
smiling...something that i hadn't seen before!

i think our group missed being the favorites by just a little bit...i do
think we were beat out by the bali group, which featured amazing gamellon
instruments and incredibly beautiful dancers...

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka