Re: Radio whom?? (stuff about prayer)

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, ryan richards wrote:
> I thought logos was that "rational mind" revealed to us through the
> "Word"- I'll have to brush up on my Heraclitus (one of my personal
> favorites).

Which "Word" is that?  I've heard a few Christians claim that John 1 is
referring to the Bible, not Jesus, but that's clearly wrong ("In the
beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. .
. . And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" -- John 1:1,14).

- - -

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/strongs/1023148017.html

A Greek philosopher named Heraclitus first used the term Logos around 600
B.C. to designate the divine reason or plan which coordinates a changing
universe. This word was well suited to John's purpose in John 1.