Re: A.I.

> Maybe the promise of the premise wasn't
> realized because it was indeed prophetic.

Sure. Maybe that's the trouble with so many movies nowadays that don't live
up to their premise.  They're /all/ prophetic.  ;^)

> A truly great film doesn't give you the
> question AND answer but rather entices
> you to figure it out for yourself.

It's not answers that I wanted from the film. Indeed, I prefer films - like
the aforementioned "Blade Runner" - that /don't/ provide all the answers.
What I wanted was for the questions to be explored more provocatively.
These are complex issues that "A.I." tackled, but they were handled in a
perfunctory manner, and always punctuated by a lingering close-up of
Osment's dewey-eyed gaze.

-

s&th
hooligan at apostate_com

"If you've never walked into a parking meter,
you're wasting valuable reading time."
                      -Eloise Beltz-Decker