Re: a few things

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that A.I. was an important attempt to
synthesize the brilliant organic style of Spielberg and the darker more
mathematical style of Kubric.  Ultimately, I don't think one person can
simply combine his/her work with that of another and have it turn out smooth
and I guess truly sythesized. Basically the flaw was that it was too easy to
pull apart what components were Spielberg's and what were Kubric's.  There
was probably no way around this dilemna since the whole thing was pretty
much contrived that way.  That isn't to say, however, that the ideas weren't
profound and mostly probably prophetic.  Has anyone ever posited the idea of
a robot boy desiring to become human?  Probably, but I can't think of who
offhand.