Re: Rhinelander Roundup

Melanie wrote:
> would LOVE to hear karin sing 'summertime.'

It's beautiful!  I like to listen to her version and Peter Gabriel's version
back to back, just to enjoy the comparison.  When she wails "don't you cry",
it's just all goose-pimply.

By the way, I got an email from Jessyka, who reports on many varied and strange
European adventures, and asks me to send her love to the list.  The really
weird thing is that she sent me the email from a cafe in Heidelberg yesterday,
and I walked past that cafe a week ago yesterday.  Small world, eh?

My favorite set list?  Well, I agree with some folks that have said you would
need a "full band" and "stripped down" list (although "I Radio Heaven" would
show up on both lists, for sure).  And I have to say there are certain songs
that I can't imagine really working with the new band configuration (i.e. 1997
and up), although I was really surprised at how much I liked "If I'm Drowning"
mixed in with "Give Me Strength".  But my favorite set (new band, five-piece)
would have to include "Latter Days", "I Radio Heaven", "Jesus in New Orleans",
"Bothered", "When I Go", "Ain't No Sunshine", "Goodbye (1997 version)", "Hello,
Ohio", "Green Clouded Swallowtail", "Give Me Strength", "The Body is a Stairway
of Skin", "A Gospel Number", "All I Ever Get for Christmas is Blue", "If
Nothing Else", and "Faithfully Dangerous", in no particular order.  :-) I'd add
"Dancing Queen", but that would be pushing it.  ;-)

See ya,
--
Don Smith                          Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"I heard it was a lone gunman..."