Re: Colors, sounds, etc. (No OTR)

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Dusty Volume wrote:

> This is great to hear about.  I've always thought of things in terms
> of colours.  I mean things that really have no colour, like for
> instance when I was 3 I can remember labeling all the days of the week
> with a colour, 'cause, well, I saw them with colours--ie. Sunday is
> red, Monday is yellow, and so on...When I hear new words, I usually
> envision a colour to go along with it--some examples have been "Frio":
> purpleish blue, "chalice":  a dull yellowish orange--a couple of my
> favourites are "sattelite" which conjers up a frost white with stark
> ever so light blues tinging the edges--and (I'm sure I'm misspelling
> here) endoplasmic reticulum, which truly does embody the colours of
> the rainbow for me...

huh.

i don't have to think a color to a word or idea, they just are, like a
block has corners, i have sounds to things that don't make sound and color
to things that don't have colour. or the color is not really related to
the actual color.

i thnk it's also why i gravitate towards color syntax highligthing.
although in that case, i've learned to translate my color ideas into the
standard color syntax.

> And Rhys, you thought you were wierd.  The article > Hazel posted is
> very intersting--I just always thought I was drawn to colours--and I
> am--but now I know there may be something else at work here.  I might
> be in yet another minority!!

(: nah, i knew i was wierd.

that was a cool article, by the way hazel. thanks

rhys
--
Error: Sector not found -- Should I search under the bed? (Y/N)