cool night of concerts

started last night off with the best pizza on the planet... Dewey's.  my
vote for next year's pre-Taft Show get-together is either the Newport or
the Oakley Dewey's Pizza.  12 gourmet pizzas, 7 of them being
mouth-watering (ie- the veggie ones).  heaven.

anyway, Drums and Tuba opened up for Ani Difranco.  they were on
tonight.  i'd seen them before, and i dig them more and more each time i
see them...

Ani was on top of her game as well... she seemed to play a handful (3-4)
of new ones (either that or i'm not as up on her older stuff as i
thought).  she was energetic (as always), but she was quite scared of
the microphone after it kept chocking her.  yikes!

after Ani, we decided to head over to York Street to see if Ashley
Peacock was still playing... we didn't think he would be... but alas, as
we walked in, we heard his voice soaring down the stairwell.  we caught
about 4 of his tunes, including a new one "This Year Alone."

after Ash was Monk.  Monk was Monk.  incredible.  Josh, Ric, and Mike
please every time.

Chris Emery alert... Mr Emery was at the Monk show... we talked briefly
in between Ash and Monk's set... i was quite shocked to see him, but it
was definitely good to see that he was still alive and kickin'.

Dan

np: jars of clay - the eleventh hour

*here are 2 wonderful pages that I maintain*
 VISIT - My Essential Music Favorites List:
           http://www.dlm.net/gc/

 VISIT - Pixie Princess Jewelry Studios at:
       http://www.pixieprincess.com/