Re: Length

•From: OncleBoo at aol_com •Date: Wed, 1 May 2002
15:12:15 EDT

<<<So my questions are:
What's the longest set you've seen out of OtR?>>>>

They played approx. 2hours 40 mins at C-Stone one
year.

<<<Why doesn't OtR play lengthier sets?>>>>

There may be time constraints at some of the clubs
they play.

<<<What set lengths do you consider
acceptable/unacceptable?>>>

Anything under 1 1/2 hours for the main act in a
paying venue is thivery, IMHO.

I saw Rush play for 3+ hours on their last tour. What
stands out about their set was that they were also
amazingly punctual.

The last time OtR played here, they were sadly booked
at the Exit/In, a venue known for delaying shows 1 - 2
hours. We almost didn't go because of their
reputation...sure as sure can be, the show was delayed
1 1/2 hours. I felt sorry for the opening act -- I
think it was the Willard Grant Conspiracy, or
something like that -- by the time they took the
stage, some people HAD left the venue in disgust, and
most of the others who stayed were too pissed to be
excited about the opener -- seen as another delay.

Zayne

=====
She does rain dances when she's feeling dry... ~Shivaree