Parentheticals (or: Too Much Time On My Hands)

Mark and Bethany exchanged:
>> ever questioning my period and end parenthese
>> placments,
>> Mark
>
>aren't those annoying?  I'm pretty sure you're doing them right though.
>Bethany

I was under the impression that the period went INSIDE the parentheses.   I
had to go looking.   It doesn't.

I found the answer here:
http://www.grammarbook.com

Rule 3. Periods go inside parentheses only if an entire sentence is inside
the parentheses.

Example
Please read the analysis (I enclosed it as Attachment A.).  OR
Please read the analysis. (I enclosed it as Attachment A.)  OR
Please read the analysis (Attachment A).