(OT)Re: norah jones

Hello everyone;
   I just got Norah Jones album last week from the library (Was it mentioned
that her father's Ravi Shankar?)  It is a very good album, and I would also
reccomend it.  She doesn't fall into any genre, in my opinion.  She's a
mixture of blues, jazz, and who knows what else.    One or two of her songs
remind me a lot of something that would've been on Fiona Apple's When the
Pawn....  album.  Definately check her out!

Sincerely;
Daniel J. Summers

For the record, I think someone on here (Bethany, maybe?) mentioned her a
few
days back.  I just bought the disc Friday, and have definitely been enjoying
it so far.  I'm fairly sure though that I don't have the familiarity with
this genre (just what genre does she belong to anyway?) though to start
offering additional names.  I could throw out names like Diana Krall or Jane
Monheit, but would gladly yield the floor to someone/anyone who knows this
style of music better I do.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com