Help! and its audio anomalies

OncleBoo at aol_com wrote:
> I'm bored, people.  Someone start talking!  Don't
> you know you're supposed to
> keep me entertained here?

LYRICS (Anomalies below)

(Help) I need somebody
(Help) Not just anybody
(Help) You know I need someone
(Help)

When I was younger, so much younger than today
I never needed anybody's help in any way
But now these days are gone
I'm not so self assured
Now I find I've changed my mind
I've opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me

And now my life hand changed in oh, so many ways
My independence seems to vanish in the haze
But every now and then I feel so insecure
I know that I just need you like
I've never done before

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me

When I was younger, so much younger than today
I never needed anybody's help in any way
But now these days are gone
I'm not so self assured
Now I find I've changed my mind
I've opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me, me, me, Oo

Anomalies
0:20Double tracking timing error on word "way"
0:25 * NEW *
Shout, just before "find", easier to hear on right of
stereo.
The mono version has the intro spliced on. The vocals
differ between the mono and stereo mixes.
Danny Caccavo adds this :-
Here's more about the mono mix.
Whenever you hear the guitar run, there's an edit
which cuts out the band hangover (cymbals) and the
thumping on John's acoustic guitar. "Won't you (edit)
please, please help (edit) me". On the second edit,
the band returns, and the guitar run stops suddenly.
These edits are not (unfortunately) on the stereo mix.
They are quite effective on the mono.
Also at the end on the mono mix, there are three "Help
Me"'s. Note that the second one is "Help"
(Paul/George) and "Me" (John). On the stereo, John's
voice is double tracked, so you lose the back and
forth effect (highlighted in the film "Help" -- note
how it is edited back and forth)

* NEW * Glenn Koury also notes:-
The anomaly is in the tempo of one phrase in the first
verse. The line is "Now I find I'VE CHANGED MY MIND".
In the single version of the song, the tempo of the
vocal phrase I'VE CHANGED MY MIND is evenly spaced,
with MIND coming right at the downbeat (actually, a
16th beat before). In the album version, the phrase is
double-timed, with MIND arriving on the upbeat. Also,
in the album version, the phrase is repeated at the
END of the song, and there, it is the slower,
evenly-paced tempo like the single version (and thus
inconsistent with the same line at the beginning of
the album).

Courtesy of http://www.stevesbeatles.com/

thanks,
Dan