Re: a tremendous loss

>From: Ysobelle at aol_com
>I'm so sorry for your loss, Twila. Your father sounds like a wonderful
>man, and I'm glad you got a last chance to tell him how much you loved
>him, that your whole family could do so. So many people don't get that
>chance.

Yeah, and some people couldn't even if they did have they chance- either due
to emotional hang-ups or the fact that it would be a lie- or both.  The fact
that it wasn't that way for you, while it makes it hard now, means that your
life with him probably was full of so much joy; an abundance that is too
much to be overshadowed by the pain of this loss.  I envy you, for what that
may be worth.

>His being with G-d and not being with you are really two different things.

Right, though your guilt over wanting to have him with you, instead of in
glory, is totally understandable.  Some people aren't even allowed this
bittersweet mercy, though, and have to hope (beyond reason) for the best.
Assurance of salvation, for some poor souls, seems rather far-fetched.

It is that assurance that will bring about eventual peace, as Ysoie has
said.  Some will never know that.  Both mourners and souls.

Not that your pain is any less valid; the purpose of my comments is merely
to help you see this in a somewhat more positive light.  If it doesn't seem
as if things could be worse now, know they really, truly could have been.
Small comfort, but its something.  I am loathe to think about the day my
father finally sheds his mortal coil, because I know closure will never,
ever come.

I wish you well, and will pray for you.

Sincere condolences,

Matt