Re: My DVD horror story (tape collection from Mars)

I said:
> > And my possible all-time favorite move, Porco Rosso (The Crimson Pig) is
> > available in France, but not here!
>
> > Then there's that Korean edition of my likely all-time favorite film
> > "Galaxy Express 999".  (Ginga Tetsudo 999)  Sigh.  What to do?

Which prompted Peter to ask:

>So how many movies are competing to be your "all-time favorite", anyway?

Not many.  Star Wars has a special type of nostalgia.  The two above are
both fantastic fables that comment on what it means to be human.  Galaxy
Express was created by Leiji Matsumoto, and I also adore his "Arcadia of My
Youth", which, like Lord of the Rings, explores courage in the face of
adversity and the true meaning of honor, self-sacrifice, and friendship,
much like LoTR.  (Plus, Captain Harlock is the epitome of cool.)  I love all
these films.

Anyway, there are many more, but these are the main ones I associate with
the phrase "all-time favorite".  I guess you've stumbled upon my Achilles
heel- indecision.  What can I say?  (Or rather, what should I say?)

Well, I could beg you guys for DVD advice again.

Or resend that link properly: http://www.nausicaa.net

rolling on,

Matt