Wild Weddings

Since many people have begun to ask, I figured I would
do a summary of what we are thinking in regards to our
wedding.  LOL, BTW it was hilarious to see all the
Mike Meyers comments following Bink's revealing of the
Scottish wedding (which also sounds fabulous).

We are getting married November 9th in a huge old
church in Massillon.  The aisle is over 100 feet long!
 The men will be in Union uniforms (Brian prefers all
of the Confederate uniforms that we have seen so far
but we thought it best to stick w/Union as not to
offend anyone).  The ladies will be dressed in earlier
style Victorian gowns complete with hoop skirts and
corsets.  (We are also inviting the guests to dress
and recommending some costume shops.)  My dress will
be the same style, overskirt gathered in four places
at the bottom so that the underskirt shows there.  The
corset top will lace up and have a slight scoop in the
straight neckline and two inch sleeves.  (This is so
that I can dance at the reception.)  There will be an
overcoat (for the ceremony) with long sleeves and a
long train laying over the back of the dress.  I will
have a one piece floor-length veil.  We are mixing the
music.  It won't be all traditional.  One West Side
Story song will be sung.  Some OtR piano only will
accompany one of the aisle walks (I am thinking Latter
Days). There will be a woman playing harp.  Also Canon
in D.  We thought about throwing in some humor (we're
crazy like that) and having our minister say the
"speak now" part and have some of the groomsmen turn
to the guests and draw their swords.  :)  There will
be a carriage.  We may for fun be received at the
reception by the 1812 Overture.  There may be some
funny skits by friends.  There may be a traditional
dance or two (but our first dance together will be to
"Rhapsodie").  The rest will be some Christian dance,
some good eighties New Wave, some Latin.  And I think
we are honeymooning in Maine on the seaside.  (Yummy
lobster!  We decided Alaska would wait until we did a
wild adventure trip.)  So that is what I have for now.
 Hope it didn't bore anyone.  Of course we are always
open for suggestions if anyone wants to chime in.

Blessings to all!
Kristen