Re: Otr lyric...

>From: Ysobelle at aol_com

>But I just had to ask this of the list. Read this:
>
>Life gets pretty heavy and I wish it was light,
>but after all I love the night.
>and there's that word again.
>I still hear it every now and again.
>

>And tell me, what is "that word"? I used to think it must be referring to
>"love," but maybe it's "night"? What do you think?

Definitely "love".  The chorous refers back to "...everything I don't know
about love yet".  "There's that word again, I still hear it every now and
again"- the speaker (Jack) is a person for which the ecastatic emotional
peaks on love remain unclimbed, the deepest valleys unfathomed.

"Its mostly myself that's killing me"- he hasn't learned to love himself yet
either.  He won't be able to love others until he can love himself, and he
knows it (the "inside ghetto") so he is seeking someone who can love him
unconditionally, and ignite the spark of love within him in the process.

Therefore, he is seeking regfuge in God, and God's Word.  (the "fabulous
sword")  I've always took the song as a prayer of sorts.

Story of my life,

Matt