Re: Hoosier Daddy??? (zero OTR)

On-top-of-the-game Barry said:
> I am just hoping
> Maryland can muster the guts that IU showed tonight.

They did! Yay!  :)

You know, I hadn't been following the season at all until y'all started
talking about it.

I only REALLY started paying attention when my son and I caught the second
half of the Indiana-Duke game.

He wanted Duke to win, I typically root for underdogs.

We both got hooked, even though I was happier than he was when that game was
over.

(Related amusing-probably-only-to-me anecdote: We don't watch much TV at all,
and so all week long Ben's been worried we were going to miss the Final Four
games... thought we might forget when they were on, and I had to keep
reassuring him that no, they weren't 'til Saturday.   Must've told him that
three or four times.   Friday he says to me "Hey... is basketball on
tonight?"  and just as I'm starting a rant about how NO, THEY'RE NOT 'TIL
SATURDAY HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, he giggles
and says 'I know, I'm just teasin'..."

Smart aleck preteen, he is.   But he makes me laugh.)

So today we watch Indiana win, and then he falls asleep in the middle of the
Maryland game... and so who's left, nibbling on her fingernails, waiting to
see if Maryland can just hang on a little longer?

So here I am:
~Oddly interested in college basketball of all things... and truly torn about
who to root for Monday night.   (And taking suggestions.... Help?)

~Just finished playing Easter Bunny, even though the child hasn't 'believed'
in years.  It's still fun.

~Finished a book today that has me contemplating the nature of identity, and
that which makes us human.

...and slightly wired from having snitched one too many jellybeans...
Anita