RE: six degrees

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Lawlor, Barry wrote:
> Oh yeah...How could I forget.  My sister was an extra (with a line)
> "Good Afternoon Mr. Grey" in "Suspect" with Cher.

Hmmm, my sister Monica was an extra in _Guilty As Sin_ (she's one of the
reporters in the courtroom, the one with the long brown hair and the
glasses, IIRC -- I spotted her when I saw the *trailer* for the film!),
and that film starred Rebecca DeMornay.

And Rebecca DeMornay was in _Risky Business_ with Tom Cruise.

And Tom Cruise was in _A Few Good Men_ with Kevin Bacon.

So depending on how we count the degrees, my sister is only two or three
degrees from Kevin Bacon!

(DeMornay was also in _The Three Musketeers_ with Kiefer Sutherland, who
was with Kevin Bacon in _Flatliners_, etc., etc.)

> I am too lazy to find the 6 Degrees I went to the Oracle and hadn't seen
> what Cher was in to associate with Kevin....but there are degrees...

Well, she played herself in _The Player_, and so did lots of other actors,
so it shouldn't be hard to find one who has co-starred with Kevin Bacon
... like Jack Lemmon, who was one of Bacon's co-stars in _JFK_!