Does anyone remember Steven Banks?

Okay folks. This is a desperate shout out to find a missing piece of my
childhood. Does anyone remember a special that was aired on Showtime around
1989 or so called "Home Entertainment Center?" It was a one man show
starring Steven Banks. My family taped it and used to watch it over and over
again. We knew the whole thing by heart. Sadly enough, the tape has been MIA
for several years now. I'm hoping that if I ask enough people someone will
remember it and know how I can get another copy of the show. If anyone knows
what I'm talking about and has any clues, please let me know. Thanks!!

Here's a summary of the special:
The show was set in Steven's apartment. Steven walks in from a day at the
office and discovers a message on his machine from his boss, saying that he
needs Steven's speech to the board of directors. With that in place, the
special is about everything *but* the speech.  Steven is the maven of
procrastination: he tries and tries to sit down and finish the speech but is
constantly distracted, picking up various instruments to play songs,
imitating his favorite rock stars, playing with action figures, and baking
cookies, to name a few things. One tiny thing Steven sees in his apartment
might inspire an entire song. All the while he tries to deal with his
grouchy landlord, demanding boss and annoyingly possessive girlfriend (none
of whom we even get to see!). The payoff of the special happens when Steven
finally gets to achieve one of his dreams: he is asked to become a
journeyman musician with the band of an old friend.