Re: Obsessions

on 3/12/02 1:49 PM, Bruce Lachey at b_lachey at hotmail_com wrote:

> + Fragile - Sting.  Over and over again I've played this.  This song made me
> less violent.  Other Sting songs that fit the subject line were Desert Rose,
> Lazarus Heart, and I Burn For You.  Yz and I are in sync on many of those
> picks.

Dang it. "Fragile" too. Don't know how I got "Little Wing" and not
"Fragile"...
> + Miss Misery - Elliott Smith
> + Say Yes - Elliott Smith

I also went through a bit of a "Say Yes" phase. Love Elliott, but never
really obsessed over one song. More just _Either/Or_ and _XO_ as whole CDs.

> + Your Ghost - Kristen Hersch.  I think I butchered the spelling of her
> seemingly simple name.  Great track, Mike Stipe sings on it too.  Haunting.

That is a really great song.

> + Telling Me Lies - Trio.  Almost embarrasing to admit.  This is the "band"
> of Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Rondstadt.  My mum played this
> tape over and over at home one year, and the harmonies on this track are
> bootylicious.

Same on the Elliott Smith thing with Emmylou Harris's _Wrecking Ball_. Fall
of '96, that CD and _Good Dog Bad Dog_ on endless repeat...

Layner