Re: Speaking of Jesus [No OtR]

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 Acidroz at aol_com wrote:
> A friend just sent me the link to an article about Alice Cooper.
> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26647
> Where have I been that I missed this?

Beats me.  :)

I first heard about Cooper's Christianity when _The Last Temptation_ came
out in 1994.  And when I downloaded 'Brutal Planet' from his web site a
couple years ago, a friend and I found it kinda funny, because the lyrics
-- with their straightforward references to the Garden of Eden and so on
("It's such a brutal planet / It's such a living hell / It was a holy
garden / That's right where Adam fell / It's where the bite was taken /
It's where we chose to sin / It's where we first were naked / This is
where our death begins / We took advice from that deceiving snake / He
said don't worry it's a piece of cake / And sent us swimming in a burning
lake / Now we're abandoned here for heaven's sake" etc.) -- sounded like
something a Christian metal band might have recorded back in the 1980s.

http://www.alicecooper.com/discography.html