Auto-curses

My Honda was crunched tonight.  Not horribly, or even at high speed, and my
son and I are both fine.... but badly enough... my stepfather's amateur
opinion is that it'll be about $1600... it needs a whole new rear
quarterpanel and rear light assembly.

And the guy who did it, in a jacked-up Ford Pickup, left the scene.

The cop was irritatingly bland and supremely unencouraging.   He seemed to
have forgotten that it's ILLEGAL to hit and run!

The claims agent was more positive about finding the guy, but of course,
they're only out to re-coup what they pay out... and I have a hefty
deductible to pay myself, first.

*sigh*

The only positive thing I can think to say about the whole thing is that if
one HAS to have an accident, this is the sort to have... at a very low rate
of speed, and where the other person is clearly at fault.

I know, I'm really digging...  ;)
Anita