false dichotomies and what rhymes with Jebus?

The Mattrix <soberman_69 at hotmail_com> wrote:
>>Dan:
>>> the "christian vs. secular" dichotomy seems
>>> really pointless and futile anyhow, on many
>>> levels.
>
>Kevin:
>> IMO I'd go as far as to say the dichotomy is
>> completely false --- a lie. It's like saying that
>> we can slice away certain chunks of reality from
>> God's greater reality and call these slices
>> "ours".
>
> Sure, but it isn't finished yet.  Until that time,
> we are instructed to be "in" the world but not "of"
> the world.

but what is "in" and what is "of?"  no one seems to
get it right.  that statement backs me up, though.
the "in the world" thing kind of breaks down the
dichotomy as false.

> I like dichotomies.

*but* the christian vs. secular one is a false
dichotomy, especially when/if it comes to music.
it truly is.  i hate talking about it, because it
pisses me off.  i'm laid back, and don't like being
pissed off about trivial things.  so i'm not gonna.

my only statement on it~
christ didn't call his followers to act as separate.
so, if there is a dichotomy, it is one that should
not be.  period.

Kevin:
>>I do take great joy in listening to many musicians
>>who are not Christian by seeing music this way but
>>at the same time I also try to listen to artists
>>who are, in some way, trying to bring healing into
>>a sick world.

yeah.  i think i tend to listen to more positively-
influenced music, but the dark side of things can be
a positive influence.

Requiem for a Dream (recently talked about) makes
me not want to ever stick a needle in my vein.

Dan

=====
+- Galactic Cowboys http://www.dlm.net/gc/ -+
   Pixie Princess Studios: