this damn voice modulator... (Speak-n-Spell Tribute)

Don Smith wrote in regards to the Tribute CD:
> Jack's Valentine - with Stephen Hawking on
> vocals.  What an idea.  I was laughing out
> loud in my office at this one.  Genius!

*whew*

i am so relieved that people are enjoying it...

my *original* idea was to use Speak-and-Spells
on this track.  so, about a year and a half ago
(or more maybe, i've slept since then), i bid
like mad on eBay and won two Speak-and-Spells,
regular and "Super."

once they showed up... i quickly figured out
that they didn't work as i had planned.  i hoped
that i could just type a word in, and it would
say it.

nopers.

apparently, i needed a module (like a nintendo-
game-kinda-thingy) to plug into the back in
order for it to do that.  i had no idea of how
to look for this on eBay... so i went to plan B.

i searched the web for Text-to-Speech simulators,
and bingo... type words, get *.wav in return.

i had to manually add *every flippin' space* in
between words... otherwise it would have been
a 50 second song.

but it all worked out in the end.

whew,
Dan