Re: we just have a different crutch

--- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca> wrote:
> And hey, don't forget how single people without kids often pick up
> the slack for parents who are always rushing off to soccer games
and
> the hospital!  What you need to be is a parent who smokes.  :)

Interesting...  me = single, no kids, non-smoker w/ a mother who
smokes about 2 packs a day.  I used to occasionally let her know it
worried me and then just starting shutting up a few years ago.  I
figured, a 60 year old woman w/ 2 grown children who'd been smoking
since she was 13 knew a lot more than me.  And then a year ago
sometime she was talking w/ an aunt about it and my aunt said, "I
don't want to quit, I like my cigarettes and I like my cig breaks."
And now I've gotten to read more explanation into it from several of
you which has been appreciated.

On a short note to show I care, one of my handfull of short-lived
careers was as a dental assistant, so if you are going to smoke...
please, please, please be more than occasional flossers.  Well, be
flossers no matter what, but yea... floss floss floss.  (I recommend
Glide ;)

Temporary ADA spokes-emailer,
michelle