Re: Orange County

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Peter T. Chattaway wrote:
> But you know a movie is in trouble when it's about a writer, and it
> shows the writer puzzling over how to end his story.  (When _Orange
> County_ went that route, it brought back bad memories of _The
> Majestic_.)

And hey, I just remembered, both movies feature cameos by Garry Marshall!
(Well, you only hear his *voice* in _The Majestic_, but still...)

Gad, I love obscure trivia.

Like the fact that Patrick Stewart provides the voice of the alien king in
_Jimmy Neutron_, and Martin Short does the voice of his lackey ... and
those are pretty much the exact same roles they played in the *last*
cartoon they were both featured in, namely _The Prince of Egypt_!

Or the fact that Tobey Maguire played Joan Allen's son in _The Ice Storm_,
and then played her son again in _Pleasantville_ -- two films with *very*
different perspectives on the effects of the '60s sexual revolution.

Or the fact that Sam Neill said he wanted to see Montana in _The Hunt for
Red October_, and then he *did* go to Montana in _The Horse Whisperer_.
(Okay, that's not quite in the same league, but still...)