Re: When OK Reporting Goes Bad

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Peter T. Chattaway wrote:

>Just for the record, I've tried taking this quiz a few times
>before, but I have never been able to finish it, because I
>have a very difficult time fitting my beliefs into someone
>else's definitions

Know what you mean.  I used to love cnn.com for quick, easy news reporting.
Now they have a "Quick Vote" section that offers the most cut and dried
answer possibilities to complex issues to let the average dumb internet
surfer click on something.  Invariably I pick the most absurd option.

Today's is kind of a bad example, but it's "Should pilots be able to remove
passengers if they feel there is a security risk?" Yes or No?

I couldn't find an archive of them, but sometimes they're just awful.  This
isn't a real example, it's just Bruce-patented hyperbole.

What is your favorite lunchtime snack?
* Roast Beets
* Peas and Tiny Onions
* Calf Liver