Re: Questionable file (was Re: Cornerstone 2002)

At 06:01 PM 1/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know who this _heinzgraff person is???? And nope...ain't gonna
>download!
>
>Rose
>

>In a message dated 1/2/02 2:34:45 AM Central Standard Time,
>_heinzgraff at wanadoo_fr writes:
>
><< Subj:     Re: Re: Cornerstone 2002
>  Date:  1/2/02 2:34:45 AM Central Standard Time
>  From:  _heinzgraff at wanadoo_fr (heinzgraff)
>  To:    Acidroz at aol_com
>
>  File:  IMAGES.DOC.pif (29020 bytes)
>  DL Time (31200 bps): < 1 minute >>

I dunno who it is, but that file is definitely a virus. (Or, more
accurately, a trojan horse)  The .DOC part of the file is to make people
(on Windows) think it's an MS Word document.  The .pif extension tells
windows the file is actually a program to be run, not a word processing
document to be looked at.  If you run it, it sends e-mail to everyone in
your address book, with the same file attached.  It spreads itself in that
manner.

-Smitty