Re: Weezer (was Re: favorite CD's)

Layne wrote:
<I'd say the disappointment of the year for me was the Weezer CD. I know there are a lot of people who really liked it, but I just couldn't get into it for some reason. Just not anywhere near as good as what's come before for them, imo.>

Liesolita writes:
<perhaps, but aahhhh, island in the sun -- darling darling it moves me.  literally. makes me want to fall in love and leaves me dancing in my livingroom in the meantime.>

i have to agree with both points, this is definitely not a 'love it or hate it' cd - most everyone ihave talked to have said there was at least one song they could get into, but as a whole, the cd is underrated - it's not for everyone, true, but it's got something in it for a large enough number of people that it can't be simply dismissed.
'island in the sun', 'crab' and 'knock-down drag-out' are my faves off of it, and i even got a hard-core raver into 'island'.
i don't care much for 'photograph', and 'simple papers' could have been left off the disc entirely and i'd still be happy, well, not entirely 'cause then it would be what - a whole 20 minutes long? man these songs are short.
'hash pipe' plays well live, but i don't go out of my way to listen to it on the disc - i think the crowd brings more life to it than the song itself has to begin with.

---dan in michigan
np: weezer; island in the sun

ps: it snowed today, but not long enough to stick - they made fake snow at the hill tho, so tomorrow i FINALLY get to go snowboarding again. oh, happy day!