2001's Top 3 Albums

Hmmm. I can't even think of 3, off the top of my head.
====================================

After minimal research, in no particular order...
====================================

Films For Radio, by Over The Rhine, seems a bit overproduced, but, they
probably felt the need to shatter the strange (for older fans) "stripped
down" image the band was given by 1996's indie, Good Dog Bad Dog. Those
fortunate enough to attend lots of concerts will get much more enjoyment
out of this album's songs, because they will probably hear many
different versions. In an era of Limp Bizkits, Bubba Sparxxes, and
O-Britneystreetsync BoysTowns this album can't stay off the top 3.

Essence, by Lucinda Williams, I heard the edited title cut on the radio
in June, and although, heroin addiction seems a most unpleasant
metaphor, and desperate addiction to a person is likely to not be a
positive thing, it has a sledgehmmer delivery of human passion.
Fan Dance (Borders version), by Sam Phillips, is a return to earth,
after 1996's very "alternative," and not very accessible Omnipop, It's
Only A Flesh Wound, Lambchop. (Fans can call  the albums "odds" and
"evens" 1988, 1994, and 2001 being rather friendly pop, and 1991, 1996
getting up into the stratosphere.

p.s. where are the men on this list?

p.p.s. where are the youth?

N.P. Chris Ledoux- 20 Greatest Hits