Re: Where was I??

Kelvin wrote:

>Here's an interesting question...I think. Does anyone
>think that this happens to men/fathers/husbands as
>well? Do their intellectual identities ever suffer or
>are their minds/dreams/plans ever stifled because they
>have a family. I think it does.

>Opinions? Thoughts?

Oh, I definitely think that men have their dreams and plans squashed by having a family. Having a family is about giving, really, and I don't think it can be any other way for either sex.  One has to sacrifice something once they have a family.

Women want men
>to be Alan Alda and John Wayne.

Sick.  I don't think those were good examples.  Those men are not attractive in any way.  I don't know any women who want Alan Alda, and definitely none who want John Wayne.

> >  women feel like if they don't do the career, they're
> > letting down the previous generation.

I grew up in a family that is very matriarchal.  I know none of those women intended for it to be that way, but most of them didn't choose to have their husbands leave.  They tell me to have a career because they are afraid for me, afraid that I will be put into the same position they were.  Most of them had to go back to school while raising multiple children by themselves.  In my personal expirience, this is a commonplace scenario.  So to say that I would be letting down the previous generation by not establishing a career, yes, I would be.  But on the other hand, I would be stupid if I didn't listen to them and their expirience.

Samantha

--------------- Unsubscribe by going to http://www.actwin.com/OtR/