Re: Live (no OtR)

Bruce Lachey declared:

<(Matt Messina indicated he's "loathe to pick on anyone's favorite band" then wrote a whiny tirade as to why Christians should boycott Pennsylvania-based popsters Live)
yeah, whatever.
if humankind would try to see things they have similar or in common with one another rather than focus on their differences, we wouldn't be in the crazy state it is today.>

well said, bruce, but ya know, it's really hard to get people to listen to this message, everyone preaches diversity, which is fine to a certain point, but it quickly begins to isolate people asa merecultural byproduct and not what they make of themselves.
there is a definite need for stressing 'universiality' insomuch as we are all so similar that it's not even funny, but people don't usually listen to that message, they havetheirown stereotypes for people who use it - but that's another story altogether...

<liesel and i like +live+, you don't.  big stinkin' deal.  the "know your product" closing aside, I feel I'm aware enough to continue to support their art on my personal evaluations.>

i enjoy their music as well, never had a chance to meet them, but i've seen them perform, and i do like them a lot. i've most recently seen them with jane's addiction (another popular subject on the list recently).

<ooh, one more thing:  Matt, you wrote: "I can't support any band who promotes their personal religious ideology at the expense of others. Period.
What do you think of this lyric:
"I don't wanna tell you lies, like Presbyterians or spies"
Just curious.
are you?>

i'm not curious yet, just haven't seen the right thing to peek my curiosity.
can i tell you lies though? would you listen to me? can i tell you about mechanical bulls?

<PS I've shared this view many times this past weekend, and I'll share it again: If Calista Flockhart is concerned with female circumcision, dammit, we should ALL be concerned about it!!>

ya know, bruce, you are insane...
you've been saying this for a few days now, and how there's emails about it, but i've never seen proof of those alleged 'emails' you have either...

off to do laundry
---dan