Re: Re: yet do not, i would not go

--- Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> I dunno. Bob Geldof with his no-frills, no-bullshit
> attitude got my
> respect. As has Sting with his work for the
> rainforests. And our own
> Karin & Linford with their simple request for canned
> goods at the show.

Good points.  Add Bono to that list. He does a lot of
good stuff, meetings with very low level officials and
such, that is way out of the public eye.  There are
definitely a few good ones.
I remember several years ago when the little red
ribbons first popped up at the Academy Awards.  A lot
of self-righteous, narcissistic actors jumping on a
bandwagon they had no intention of helping to push.
Then along comes the lovely Ms. Audry Hepburn to
receive her humanitarian award.  She didn't have the
little ribbon, but the lady spent years in the
trenches doing the real work.  She's a class act.

=====
Screw the whales.
Save the subjunctive!