taft, etc

i'm finally home. i decided chicago wasn't going to happen around 2:30 on saturday when we were still at drew's for his awesome brunch.

i dunno if anyone posted the setlist for te show, but it was almost the same as wednesday at the ark, except this time kim taylor didn't perform her own work, she sat in with otr for a few songs, it was still awesome.

i was right in front of the soundboard, next to a few people who appeared to know the opening acts very well, but disappeared before otr came on - they won the tix on the radio anywho, so it's no big deal, not like they were fans. to my left was a group of four people who were very interesting - it was a mom with her daughter and some friends of theirs. turns out the mom was very much into otr back in the days of patience, but she no longer was - she said she was too old for it, but she was still responsive to jack's valentine. of course, linford gave up on the lyrics about halfway through, as usual.
the lighting was done very nicely, much better than at the ark, of course, the ark didn't have  much to work with in terms of lights.

the show was still great, even though it was almost the same set (not at all the same show, though) as i had seen a few days beforehand.

i went to uno's and met almost 40 people - i was too tired to remember everyone very well, but it was fun. they didn't do the piercing/tattoo show & tell (a few people showed, but not many)

i ended up crashing at a hotel with lara and chris, and went to the bash at drew's in the morning. it was too much fun for me to leave with enough time to bother to get to chicago before the show, plus, someone had mentioned friday night how bad schula's was, so i opted to stay.

hung out with bruce, got a tour of cincy, it was fun.

saw a cincinatti mighty ducks game. i'd tell you all about the strange things we saw, but you'd never believe it, you have to see it for yourself - even then, i don't promise you'll believe it (teenagers walking around in groups with 'loser' written on their foreheads, thousands of rubber duckies thrown on the ice...wow it was different).

i had a lot of fun and met a whole slew of great people and a few dumb ones (what was that waiter's problem? why did he keep turning down the lights?)

oh yeah, this is supposed to be a concert review....
oh well, i suppose that's why i don't work for a newspaper :)

---dan (back) in michigan, still hoping for snow