Re: Tidbits of gossip from GR show

> > College folk are cool enough.
>
> yes they are.

Well, I make my living off of them so I can't complain.

> > On another point, is it just me or does Jack's singing sound a little like Van Morrison.
> >

> I don't know, but Jack's guitar playing was fabulous.  he had some neato tricks too that I don't know the name of.  But they were cool nonetheless.  Rockin rockin.

His guitars are really nice.  I was packing up his pedal steel which is unbelievably beautiful.  Almost as cool as his playing.

> wow, I had no idea, else I might have helped.  Not that I'm real useful at heavy lifting...

It's ok.  Just go to a Student Activity Board meeting and voluteer to Ken.  You get into the show for free and usually get to meet the band.  So that's always fun.  Tell your friends.  Plus you get to have input on who comes to Calvin.

> It was a super JV.  and when Linford switched to the hammond organ... that was rockin'.

Yeah, but his Hammond is very heavy.  Linford, where did you ever pick up such a thing of great beauty?

> > Well, I did gain a fun little story from helping Dale and (damn I'm sorry. I forgot the bassist's name.  He's a really nice guy though) load out the equipment.
>
> so, what, your just going to tell us you gained a story and not share it?  Tease.

Oh, it's not THAT exciting.  He was just talking about how he gets a little gassy sometimes before shows, and he was worried about how he smelled, but then he figured with the acoustic wall in front of the kit that he would be ok.  Then Karin started to wander around the stage, and he had to start waving away the fumes. It was amusing.  Most of it was the way he told it, and I'm not much of a narrator.

I hope the Taft Show went well.  I'm sure it was unbelievably fantastic.  Blech.  One of these days, I'm going to get to go.

Steve