Re: Tidbits of gossip from GR show

GidgetTMsMan at aol_com wrote:

> > I meant that i got to hang out with some cool college folk.  not the band or
> > anything like that.
>
> College folk are cool enough.

yes they are.

> > > The concert tonight was AMAZING.  They were just great.
>
> The concert was excellent.  Karin had an energy that seemed a step up from where she usually is in her Moth and (ooh, I can't find my setlist now) some other song that I think was The World Can Wait she seemed to be conversing with her muse at such a level that I was afraid that she might burst into flames at a moments notice.
>
> On another point, is it just me or does Jack's singing sound a little like Van Morrison.

I don't know, but Jack's guitar playing was fabulous.  he had some neato tricks too that I don't know the name of.  But they were cool nonetheless.  Rockin rockin.

> And then I got
> > > to hang out for a while afterward, and discuss philosophy and music and literature.  It was great.
>
> Well, instead of that intellectual stuff, I am sure that you and you're friends help would have been appreciated in tearing down.  There were only 3 people from the site that volunteered to help with load out, so Ken, the concert producer at Calvin, dragged me into work.

wow, I had no idea, else I might have helped.  Not that I'm real useful at heavy lifting...

> Too bad I didn't study enough for my exam tomorrow though.  Oh well.  I had great seats -- 4th row center.  And I got to see Over the Rhine for my second time ever and they were great.
>
> I don't remember how many time I have seen OTR, but this was the show that lasted the longest but felt the shortest.  There was a passion that made the moments just drift by.  The setlist was also very eclectic which helped I believe.  They didn't play so many of the popular tunes from GDBD, for instance, so if you were only a very casual fan, then you might have been disappointed.

I thought it was fabulous though.  Super super.

> > > And they played my favorite songs off of FFR -- a kickin' version of I
> > > Radio Heaven and When I Go.  Also, The World Can Wait, a great version
> > > of Moth.  And Jacks Valentine.  Which I love.
>
> Jack's Valentine was fantastic.  Sure Linford forgot the words half way through, but then I love it when an artist lets the seams show.  It allows an audience to really begin to see how the art is made, and how beautiful it is.  Jack's solo was amazing during JV, and I wanted to jump up and yell, but my girlfriend made me stay seated so I didn't embarrass her.

It was a super JV.  and when Linford switched to the hammond organ... that was rockin'.

> Well, I did gain a fun little story from helping Dale and (damn I'm sorry. I forgot the bassist's name.  He's a really nice guy though) load out the equipment.

so, what, your just going to tell us you gained a story and not share it?  Tease.

Bethany

--
~*~*~*~
"and the stories in my pockets are the best I've ever lived" -Sarah Masen