NASCAR and Over the Rhine

>From: Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com (Over-The-Rhine Digest)

>The only thing I know about NASCAR is the old joke we probably all chuckled
>at at one time or another:
>
>NASCAR: Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks.

    You know what, kids?   I'm actually related to a NASCAR driver
(#9, Bill Elliott) through my grandmother (who, by the way, has also
met Kevin Bacon, so you can use me for all sorts of fun in the Six
Degrees of Separation game.)  So, now you can link Linford Detweiler
to NASCAR....

   Bill Elliott --is related to --> Jeff's grandmother
   --is related to--> Jeff --is a fan of--> Over the Rhine
   --is the band of--> Linford Detweiler

   Wasn't that fun?

   I'd say that I'm at best a casual fan of NASCAR because I think
the engineer in me just likes to see Really Complicated Things go
really fast.  I've never been to a race before, and no, I don't have
a sticker of Calvin peeing on any number on the back of my car.

   However, I bet I'm in a vast minority of people who like
Over the Rhine _and_ NASCAR.

   Don't know if we'll be at the brunch, but I'm looking forward to
seeing all you kids at the Taft...

   Jeff, redneck.

----
Visit the Over the Rhine history site at:
http://jeffreyholland.tripod.com/otrhine/index.html

Jeff Holland      JHolland444 at hotmail_com
http://JeffreyHolland.tripod.com