Re: once again, with feeling

rhys writes:

> the occasion is a friend was commenting on how much she liked GDBD,
> and especially ___go down easy__ and maybe it's an oral sex song.
> racked her brain, she said, and that's pretty much all she could come
> up with.

silly me, i thought it was about travelling...

then again., the travel bug never leaves me..
rhys

I always thought about "Go Down Easy" in the most innocent light myself.  I like the travelling idea, too, but I always thought the song was just about enjoying a beautiful day with the one you love.  But it's funny how someone else can bring out a different perspective.  Recently, I was going to lunch with my friend Greg (who just happens to be the youth minister at my church) and we were discussing the sensuality of OTR's music.  I just happened to have GDBD playing in the car, and "Go Down Easy" came on.  Greg said, "I just love how Karin sings on this song; she's almost seductive.  And then there's the double entendre of the title."  That was the first time I had ever thought about that!  I told him what I thought the song was about, and he said that he didn't think it was a reference to oral sex, but that he couldn't help but wonder by the title.  Oh well, guess we're all open to our own interpretations...

Chris

np--Besides...which reminds me--I wanted to record "Dead Weight" for the tribute album, but another friend whose studio I was going to use refused to help me because he was offended by the line "Sometimes I like to stick my fingers where they don't belong."  That was another sexual reference I just didn't buy.  (Greg's wife said she thought that line referred to nose picking!)  Needless to say, I didn't get to record the song...