confessions of a crush-slut

yesterday, upon arriving at work i had an e-mail from
crushslut.com, oops, i mean hugecrush.com informing me
that someone had a crush on me.  motivated by extreme
curiosity i followed the link and began guessing:  my
best friend (she does these things to cheer me up, in
high school she always bought me a valentine that the
cheerleaders were selling, i would get it in homeroom
and hope, desperately, every year that it was from a
boy.  sigh.), my sisters, my mother, the guy from the
poetry reading, and then as desperation ensued in a
mad frenzy and at the prompting of a 'clue', i began
to enter every e-mail address from my inbox.

i did not realize this would then send a 'someone has
a crush on you' e-mail to everyone i guessed (indeed
the crush on me was the result of such a guess).  i
realized this when i started getting 'thankyou but i'm
straight/married/taken' e-mails yesterday afternoon.

my point is this:  a lot of you got e-mails from
hugecrush.com yesterday :)  sorry.  i may or may not
in all actuality have something of a virtual crush on
one of you, but i wouldn't let you know this way and
for those of you who are married, taken, of a sexual
orientation that prohibits being flattered by this i
apologize.

whew.

please don't hold this against me at the taft show.

kindly and crushingly regarding you all,
liesel

=====
"stories & cigarettes have ruined the lives of lesser girls"
p. yorn