Re: Small request.

rhys daily wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
>

>>Can we, as an amorphous mass, please remember to check our headers,
>>and not send things to the list _and_ the individual? I'm getting
>>doubles of everything, and they're piling into, oh, just a terrible
>>mountain on my desk. They're going to bury the cat soon....
>>

> not that i don't think this a is a good idea - i do... but ther's a way to
> configure these sorts of emails coming from the list to have
>
> this sort of format (don't read farther if you hate technical stuff)
>
> change this from
>
> ------------
> ----------

> this way, replies will use the reply-to address, and the orignal
> x-envelope retains the person who sent it to the list. (:
>
> simple.

And very nice also.  From what I can gather from the headers (I'm only a
semi-geek, so forgive me), they appear to be using a majordomo service.
If that's the case, they need to add:

message_headers << END
reply_to = Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com
END

to their majordomo config file.  They being whoever has ownership of the
list, of course.

Enough geekiness for today - bedtime!

Troy