From: JLuvzMusyk at aol_com
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 10:27:24 AM
To: over-the-rhine at actwin_com
Subject: piercings and places of business...
michael wrote:
> It also depends a lot on the company itself. We have a "relaxed" dress
code, their term is business casual, but a lot of stuff is pretty straight
laced around here. We have approx 5000 systems employees (mostly analysts)
and I have yet to see a nose ring around here. Of course in the area I'm in
(assembler programming) I think I'm on of the few employees that don't use
walkers. Most of the senior analysts just walk away and shake their heads
when they see the 8 x 10 picture of Michael Knott at my desk where he is
covered with baked beans and Neapolitan ice cream. I have no piercings, a
little ink, and spend about 10 minutes a day with my headphones off. I am
the radical in group.

i used to have my eyebrow pierced, but i had to take it out when i got a job
working as a sales associate at national record mart. boy, did that make me
angry! i'm glad they didn't make me take out my tongue ring.
i'm kind of the radical at my job, too...my kids at the day care are always
asking about my tattoos. i have a smiley face tattoed on the inside of my
left ankle, and i was sitting indian style with stephen, who will be three
in february, on my lap. he pointed at it and said, "what's that?" i told him
it was a smiley face, and he immediately looked at his leg and said, "i not
got one!" it was so adorable. i love my kids.
i can't wait to get an elephant tattooed on my foot. i can't wait to see
what my kids say about that...especially since i always wear sandals! :)
yay kids...and yay piercings. although i know of someone who better not be
getting their tongue pierced anytime soon! *wink*
*hugz and kisses*
jessyka