Re: moth

"Melanie Shannon" <arwen725 at hotmail_com> writes:

who has an idea what these lyrics mean?
(and now bruce has to come out of the woodwork to help answer.)

'maybe I should take your face tonight
let you see yourself in a different light
if you were to take my place tonight
wouldn't jesus be surprised'

OK, my interpretation of these lyrics comes, again, from my Christian perspective--but also from my tendency to over-analyze song lyrics.  ;-)  I've always looked at this song as being spoken by a Christian to someone who is, for lack of a better word, a "seeker."  I see the first two lines as meaning "I wish I could trade places with you so that you could see yourself through my eyes."  To me, the second two lines mean "If I could send you to Heaven in my place, I would, but I can't."  That's my interpretation, right there, for what it's worth, simplified a bit for word economy.

Chris