Re: Re: Matrix

On 10/25/01 10:53 AM, quoth the effervescent JeaneneHea at aol_com at
JeaneneHea at aol_com:

>ah.  never mind me.  i missed the question.  duh.
>

>bigLight <biglight at pacbell_net> writes:
> Oh... er.
> I thought the question was that when Cipher went in to the Matrix ot
> make the deal with the agent, how did he get out- b/c someone had to be
> manning the controls on the Neb in order to pull him out. Now I'm confused.

Yeah, but do you have the answer?

Actually, I think this was discussed on the Matrix boards at
whatisthematrix.com. I'm not sure, and I wasn't there, but I remember
hearing there'd been some debate about it.

But Cypher did have some ways of accessing the Matrix the others weren't
aware of. Remember how, when Neo stumbles upon him late one night, he
surreptitously switches off the screens upon which he's been watching the
green raw code of the Matrix itself slide down? (I have a desktop and a
laptop here, and they both use that for their screensavers. Sometimes I
just switch them both on and watch cos I think it's neat. Buut Neo never
comes to visit. I AM building Morpheus' coat, though. Though he doesn't
have it on the Neb, does he? But I digress.)

Alternately, it _IS_ possible that Cypher is openly spending time in the
Matrix-- and having someone pull him in and out-- just not telling anyone
where he is or what he's doing. I'm sure he'd be able to disable the
monitors that would tell the rest of the crew where he is or who he's
with. And as long as the Matrix doesn't leave cookies on his hard drive,
who'd know?