Film Ideas

I'm also a newbie & am excited about the prospect of
incorporating OTR into the medium of film:

I would love to simply see/collaborate on a
documentary that gives OTR's history as I think it's a
fascinating one. Linford's liner notes alone are cause
for a film.

But, Scott2B: if you're looking for more of a
fictitous idea well, take any of the characters
represented in Films for Radio & "jam" on them. Each
one is so rich I don't know if you'd be able to
squeeze them all into one film but it would be worth a
shot. Perhaps it could be something along the lines of
Freaks--but softer & with a more upbeat ending.

So, thanks for bringing me out of my corner, I'd been
listening quietly for a while, too.

Peace.

--- Over-The-Rhine Digest
<Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com> wrote:

> Over-The-Rhine Digest    Thursday, October 25 2001
>  Volume 03 : Number 821
>

> In this issue:
>
> 	Re: Films for OTR - a brainstorm proposal
> 	Re: Re The BORG view of sexuality
> 	X-Files Episode was  - a brainstorm proposal
> 	my friend Sue
> 	Re: X-Files Episode was  - a brainstorm proposal
> 	Hi Everyone!
> 	Re: Matrix
> 	Re: Films for OTR - a brainstorm proposal
> 	Re: my friend Sue
> 	Re: Hi Everyone!
> 	Re:  Re: Films for OTR - a brainstorm proposal
> 	Re: Films for OTR - a brainstorm proposal
> 	RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #819
> 	Re: Films for OTR - a brainstorm proposal
> 	Re: Amsterdam
>
> See the end of the digest for information on
> subscribing to the
> Over-The-Rhine mailing list and on how to retrieve
> back issues.

> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:00:30 -0400
> From: Bethany Keeley <blk4 at calvin_edu>
> Subject: Re: Films for OTR - a brainstorm proposal
>
> I would perhaps center a film around "Mary's Walz".
> That song has always been
> pretty fascinating to me.  And I think I would use a
> contrast of color to
> black-and-white somewhere in it also.  Let it have
> an antiquey feel.
> This probably makes very little sense.  That's okay.
> Bethany
> np: Sarah Masen, The Dream Life of Angels
>
> scott2b wrote:
>
> > Hello Rhinelanders,
> >
> > New to the list, I have been watching quietly for
> a while, and have finally
> > decided to throw my 2 cents into the pond (there
> is a pond somewhere in the
> > apple orchard, isn't there?).  New to the list,
> but not new to Over the
> > Rhine -- have been an admirer since 'Til We Have
> Faces.
> >
> > I didn't think this would happen, but I must start
> my plug (at the risk of
> > alienating myself from what seems to be a common
> consensus here) with a
> > brief defense of Heather Graham.  PTA talks about
> her being underrated in
> > his audio commentary to Boogie Nights - and from
> what I have seen I agree
> > with him.  Although, admittedly, I have seen
> relatively few of her roles
> > (have not seen Rx Cowboy or 6 degrees)
> >
> > Well, as Melanie says: who like over the rhine?
> anyone?  anyone?
> > (Thanks for keeping us on track).  So, I'd like to
> shift the subject a
> > little, and bring together the subjects of film
> and OTR.  As something of an
> > aspiring (read wannabe) writer/filmmaker, I have
> given some thought to
> > incorporating some Over the Rhine influence into a
> film idea, but I have not
> > yet decided what direction to take this.  So the
> brainstorm I propose for
> > everyone is this:  What sort of original film idea
> do you imagine could be
> [...]
=== message truncated ===