Re: The Matrix

David wrote:
> and...isn't his first name "lou"?

No.  That's never stated in the film, and the fact that everyone
else aboard the Neb only went by one-word monikers ("Trinity",
"Morpheus", "Neo", "Tank", "Switch", "Dozer", etc.) suggest
that Cypher was just that.

However, if you want to play the name game, one of my favorite
bits is that when Cypher talked to the agent, he said he wanted
to be someone important... like an actor, and that he didn't
want to remember anything.  The agent twice called him Mr. Reagan.
Do we know any other important actors named Reagan who couldn't
remember anything?  :-)

Peter and I had a lengthy discussion about religion in The Matrix
that you can read here http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/matrix.txt
and there are some great files at
http://www.cmu.ca/faculty/gmatties/The%20Matrix.htm
(my favorite is the analysis of Cypher at
http://members.home.net/hochened/matrix.html)

See ya in the Matrix,
--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                          http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/